Major gifts make up as much as 80 percent of a typical organization’s charitable income in a year – and come from 20 percent or fewer of the donors. Yet, we still know remarkably little about them.

As an APC member firm, M. Gale & Associates is proud to share this first-ever study of how organizations identify major giving prospects.  The survey that informed this report reached more than 600 charities in the United States and Canada in February and March 2017.

This APC study found just over one-quarter (26 percent) of responding organizations had identified almost enough prospects for 2017 major gift requests. The other 74 percent had identified half or fewer of the major gift prospects needed for their 2017 goals.

The report is a collaborative effort of Association of Philanthropic Counsel (APC), one of its member firms, Melissa S. Brown & Associates, and MarketSmart.

 

 Get the Full Report Here